Friday, July 10, 2009

"Be You"

Okay...this isn't so much a poem as it is a song. But I thought it was fitting for my next blog post.

I wrote this last night, after some inspiration from GLucciano (thanks again for my breakthrough!). I think maybe the full effect of the words will come with the music, but I hope the message stands on its own. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!


Be You

You're beautiful the way you are
Flaws and all, you're a superstar

Don't let them tell you your way is wrong
Trust in yourself and be strong

You're living your own destiny
And you're right where you're supposed to be

Baby, it's all you
And baby, you're the truth
Do what you're born to do
Go ahead...and be you

You can only be you, and I can only be me
Their expectations don't make your reality

You've got to be real, you gotta be yourself
Find your reward in peace, love and wealth

I can plainly see the greatness that's inside
So don't let nobody go and take your sunshine

Baby, it's all you
And baby, you're the truth
Do what you're born to do
Go ahead...and be you

Everybody's gotta learn to walk their own path
We gotta learn to be satisfied with the talents we have

Who we are has already been assigned
Naturally divine, baby you're you by design

Baby, it's all you
And baby, you're the truth
Do what you're born to do
Go ahead...and be you

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dope Line: "Naturally divine, baby you're you by design" I like this poetic song. Thanks for sharing.

G Lucciano said...

I cannot truely express what this one means to me. "Full of light", and "Full of truth".
I am indebted for such a well purposed poem. Very nice!!

Jazz said...

Truth right here: "Everybody's gotta learn to walk their own path
We gotta learn to be satisfied with the talents we have"

Not only are we not satisfied with our talents, but some of us don't even recognize our talents bc we're too busy envying someone else's. Your words come with images attached. Dopeness.