Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Haiku for Family...

Okay, I know...I'm still cheating. This haiku is even shorter than my last mini-poem. BUT (in my defense) I think these few words stand on their own. Of course, this blog is about what you think, so give me your feedback. Background: I wrote this little ditty a few years ago. I was at an open mic nite and they did an impromptu haiku contest, and the topic had to be family. (Yeah, I won.)


Love knows no limits
of shared bloodlines or surnames.
We are family.

3 comments:

Jazz said...

You deserve your win for this one. It reminds me of the saying "Friends are the family we choose."

Speaks Beliefs said...

I love this one!!!

Unknown said...

I like the break between limits and of. Also the consnance of limits and bloodlines.

This a beautiful senryu :)