Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tribute to Noble§age

I wrote this poem on January 16, 2009 in memory of my dear cousin, Jee-Niçe K. Nolan (a.k.a. Noble§age; a.k.a. JK Nolan de Nobles). She touched and inspired many lives, including mine. I hope she knows that.


If I never said it before
I'll be sure to tell you now
I owe it to you to find a way
To get the message across somehow

You were a star right here on this earth
You walked an enlightened path since birth
You've bene a queen, and for what it's worth--
I've looked up to you

Sage, the things you've lived through
The lessons you've learned
The ideas you've cultivated
The wisdom you've discerned

But, you don't need me to tell you
That you've left a royal legacy
You don't need me to testify to
Your amazing talents and noble victories

You mothered a movement, a philosophy, a lifestyle
But perhaps most impressive
You've taught me that trying is worthwhile

So I insist on telling you how I feel
I insist on making you understand that your impact was real
I insist that you acknowledge the impression you left on me
And, yes, I insist on perpetuating teh NARABA! Spirit of Creativity

Every time I perform, you'll be watching in the wings
Your voice will be the echo of every song that I sing
It'll be your brilliance that illuminates my thoughts
And it'll be your love for me that keeps me from getting lost

We were magnificent fools to think
Your heavenly nature belonged on this side of glory
But we'd be greater fools still
To rob the world of your story

You deserve the honor of immortality through history
And we owe it to ourselves to remember
Your goodness, greatness and beauty

But it's time, Noble§age
The Master says your work on this side is done
Now, it's time for you to join him
Your journey on the other side has begun

Farewell, JK Nolan de Nobles
I want you to go in peace
And I want you to carry with you
A lifetime of precious memories

But don't dispair...

That urge deep within you to be, do, get and give your best
God says He's satisfied
And with that you take your final rest

No comments: