Saturday, July 25, 2009

Swallow Me Whole

Okay...I'm totally cheating. This is just a little, mini-poem to hold you over while I get my latest poem in blog-ready condition. But even though it's short, it's still one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy.


Swallow Me Whole

at night i lie in your cocoon
and breathe your love into me.
your heartbeat is the rhythm of my dreams
and my lips dance to the symphonies of your kiss.

i cry just to feel you wipe away the tears.
if you're not in my arms, you're too far away.
i love to lose myself in your embrace.

swallow me whole.

4 comments:

G Lucciano said...

I'm feeling real seductive right now.. (very nice..) It's always a pleasure to slide in..

essence_thapoet said...

Wow! I love your style...I really admire how u take a peace of a poem to create another poem...with a different perspective...I really love this poem...it's very beauitful and soft...kinda reminds me of a soft kiss..lol

Jazz said...

"Your heartbeat is the rhythm of my dreams..." Heavenly.

Nicole said...

"i cry just to feel you wipe away the tears"

My fave line. Very nice piece. Peace...