Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's All About the Words

I originally created this blog for musings on everyday life, but apparently I don't get down like that. I wrote a few lame posts that I was too embarrassed to ask anyone else to read, then abandoned it. (I kinda felt bad, but not really. It wasn't right.)
But now, it's true purpose is revealed. It's all about the words....always has been. But now those words will be poems (mostly).
I've been writing poetry for years. I've only been sharing my poetry for about half that time. In the beginning, my poetry was like my journal--raw and uncensored and for my eyes only. Today, while my poems are still uncensored, they're no longer a secret. If I put pen to paper (which is the way I prefer to write), then what's written is meant to be said and I'm not afraid for it to be heard. No filter. Just truth.
Sometimes I offend. Sometimes I illuminate. Sometimes I entertain. But whatever I write about, it will always be of substance. Substance is the only thing my words can consistently produce. (Substance is also my pseudonym these days.)
So, I'm reclaiming this blog to share my poetry with anyone who'll take the time to read it.
Too much to tell. Ain't that that truth.

1 comment:

fixedwater said...

Here is hoping that like you I'm brave enough to share free and unfiltered.