Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lullaby: Under the Influence

i think i wrote this in 90 seconds. the red wine told me i could write a poem quickly and post it without editing it. if u don't like it, blame it on the alcohol. if you love it, share the link or drop me a comment or tweet me...or something.

lullaby

having marinated in his love
for decades
he's finally saturated my soul
and i feel him in my skin

he oozes out of me
as drowsiness seizes me
and i soak in pools of his essence
that color my dreams
with heart-scented waves

and thus
he rocks me to sleep
on a sea of serenity

4 comments:

Matt D said...

Beautiful. It's amazing you wrote it so fast, it's lovely when it flows like that, isn't it? :)

Speaks Beliefs said...

perfection

Unknown said...

I loved it! Great Write!

Reaction Designer Jewelry + Accessories said...

very, very telling...